Powered By Blogger

Friday 5 November 2010

It's Just a Number

Here are two cards I have made. Both people are celebrating major Birthdays. A chap who is turning 40 and a lady who is about to celebrate turning 50. The lady is the friend I am visiting in Durham to help celebrate her birthday.
I so enjoyed using acetate on the book mark and card that I decided I would use again. I have used the acetate with the numbers, of which I embossed then coloured with alcohol inks and then again embossed the main piece of acetate for added interest on the card. I used the CB Happy Birthday folder for the embossing. I embossed on the main/base of card with the CB numbers folder. The chaps card I accidently 'debossed' but decided I liked it and so left it.
I have used again on both cards the gorgeous K &Co K'ology papers that Dear Max so very kindly sent me. They really are truly lovely, I especially like the paper emblazened with the word 'Beautiful' of which I used on the 50th card.
I have decided not to add any sentiment as I could not decide, even though I have some beautiful sentiment stamps, making a decision was hard so I came to the conclusion that maybe it is 'meant to be' it was saying 'leave well alone' as when I cannot quite make a decision then I Faff, that is when I head for trouble, and I end up saying to myself 'Why oh why cannot you leave well alone' I am happy to go with these thoughts.




A close of the embossing and numbers

Supplies List

6x6 Base Cards
K&Co K'ology papers
Bazzill Basics Card
Acetate
Alcohol Inks
CB embssing folders
CB number dies
Assorted Brads
Paper flowers
Fluid Chalk
Cosmic Shimmer
Headed Pin
Lace
Scalloped Border Punch
Martha Stewart Fern Frond Punch





















No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for taking the time to comment