Powered By Blogger

Friday 28 January 2011

Bah Humbug - Guest Designer week 4 - Oldie but Goldie -

Firstly, It has been good to hear that Max is home after her Op. - Sending Gentle {hugs} to You Max. Wishing you a speedy recovery. I very much hope soon the pain subsides. Thoughts too go over to Irene, who sadly is still not well enough to join in,  Thinking of you and Gentle {hugs} to you Irene.

The ladies at Bah Humbug have come up with another fab. challenge. We are now entering into Challenge 4
An oldie but a goldie (using something that you've had in your craft stash for a long time but that you love
I knew straight away what items I would be using - just had to decide 'how' My oldie but goldie are my Rollograph wheels, Alcohol Inks and a RS I have had in my crafty stash for a very long time and totally love. I have used the fab. sponges the lovely Max sent me  - they are great for making 'rainbow' type backgrounds using Alcohol inks - I just 'swirled' the sponge around onto the glossy card - in fact it is the plain side of a printed Ad. type postcard - I  used my 'swirl and stars' rollagraph over the alcohol inked background, added some 'cranberry' embossing powder and heat embossed.  The Rubber Stampede Santa Collage RS was stamped using Brilliance ink then clear embossing powder, again, heat embossed.

Here is my card for this weeks fab. theme 'An Oldie but a Goldie' I am not quite sure - I may at a later date add  Flourishes/photo corner/card candy -  I decided that I would add the corner adornments - No time like the present, as they say. Apologies to the Bah Humbug Ladies .. hoping that I havn't caused any problems with the   last minute 'tweeking'


I hope you will agree that the card now looks more
'Finished'


The 'Dinky buckle' is made from a set of Dies I purchased very
recently, Pinky Dinky Dies by Karen Foster, sadly now discontined.
They work wonderfully in my 'Big Shot'
 List of Supplies

6x6 Base Card
Bazzill Basics Card
Diamond Embossed Gold Card
Glossy Card ( Reverse of a Recycled Printed  Ad. type Postcard)
Alcohol Inks
Sponge Blocks (used in conjuction with above)
Brilliance Ink
Embossing Powders
Rollagraph 'Swirls and Stars'
Rubber Stampede Santa Collage RS
Satin Ribbon
Karen Foster Pinky Dinky Tag Die  (Buckle)
Nesties
Card Candy
Sizzlits Photo Corner Die



4 comments:

  1. Another fabulous card - thank you so much for your stunning contributions and no don't worry you haven't caused any problems at all.
    Ann xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lovely card Carol, Santa is fab!! love Steph

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is a wonderful card Carol--thanks so much for staying on to help, love to see your inspirations.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Carole =)
    Would just like to say a HUGE thank you for agreeing to continue helping out at Bah! Humbug! for another month while both Irene and I are incapacitated. MWAAAAH XXX
    The combination of colours works beautifully and I lurrrrve the swirly background you have created with the inks and rollagraph.

    Luv'n'Stuff
    Max
    xx
    Max's Craft Creations
    Bah! Humbug! Challenges DT

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to comment