Powered By Blogger

Friday 3 June 2011

CHNC 22 - Use Some Ribbon - Bah Humbug - Surprise! Surprise!!

I paid a visit to Beccy's Place quite recently. Such a lovely blog. Becky has put together an A-Z of Folded Cards
I've decided to put together a list of different card folding techniques, and then slowly work through the list to produce instructions and examples on how to go about making each card. I've come up with a pretty good list of cards so far, but I need your help in finishing it off. If you can think of other types of folds that aren't mentioned below, please let me know and I'll add them. I'm not looking for techniques, such as embossing or stamping, but actual folds or types of cards. Let's see what we can put together!
Beccy's technique class from the list is Accordian Cards I just love her finished card, the fuchsia digital image is just so pretty. I decided that the card would be totally perfect for Hazel's Challenge 22 'Use Some Ribbon'

I am also entering my card in for the  Bah Humbug Challenge 21 'Surprise! Surprise!! I have decided to go with option 1 of 'Surprise us' (Select my own theme') The theme being 'Funky Folds'





List of Supplies

6" x12" Blue Card (Finished card = 6"x3")
Elzybells SnowFlake Fairy RS
Bazzill Basics Card
Snowflake Printed Card
Nestie Ovals
Fluid Chalk
ProMarkers
Glamour Glitz Glitter
Snowflake Satin Ribbon
Blue Sheer Ribbon
SU Tab Punch
Fiskars small Hole Punch Plier Punch
Scor-Pal

10 comments:

  1. What a gorgeous card Carole! I love the pretty blue snowflake paper you used, and the matching ribbon is awesome. I really like the way you attached the bow on the front as well. I'm glad you had a go at a new fold... it's great to try something different, especially when it turns out so beautifully.
    Cheers,
    Beccy

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is beautiful, Carole. Thank you for once again joining in with my Christmas challenge - hope to see you again this week. x

    ReplyDelete
  3. A really pretty card, Sandra

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow! what a sweet card! Never tried the accordion fold before. Looks great!

    ReplyDelete
  5. A clever folded card and sweet image

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi Carole,
    This is a super card using such pretty shades of blue.
    You have managed to combine both options of our Surprise Challenge.
    Firstly, you have selected your own theme so suprised us but the lucky person who recieves this beauty will be blown away that it is not a simple single fold card! How clever are you?!
    Thank you for sharing with us at Bah! Humbug!

    Luv'n'Stuff
    Max
    xx
    Max's Craft Creations
    Bah! Humbug! Challenges DT

    ReplyDelete
  7. This is just beautiful Carol - love it to bits.
    Ann xxx
    Bah! Humbug! DT

    ReplyDelete
  8. And boy are they - funky folds that is! Smashing

    Kathyk

    ReplyDelete
  9. Great card and love your colour and papers. Hugs x ChrisB

    ReplyDelete
  10. Hello Carole

    Thank you for your comment on my blog,
    the embossing folder I used is from Sizzix and called Thank You set. There are 4 embossing folders in all and are fabulous.

    luv
    irene
    xxxx

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to comment