Powered By Blogger

Wednesday 27 April 2011

Bah Humbug Challenge 16 - Santa Claus or Father Christmas

Over at Bah Humbug their challenge this week asks that we make a card or project incorporating The Great Man Himself.

I immediately knew that I wanted to make a card for my dear Norwegian friend, Kari. Here you will find more info. on The Norwegian Santa Claus "Julenisse"

The image used I have had for sometime so was very pleased to be able to put it to use. I seem to remember it came as a freebie from a blog - Sadly I cannot remember which one. I should add notes to the images such as these so I can kindly thank the person again and show what I have made using their image.

I have used an 8x8 craftworks card as my base. As you may notice 'Santa' is not in his usual Red and white attire. I did some searching of tutorials on colouring the image. I came across this fab. blog 'Handmade by Malin Me' and used their truly gorgeous card as inspiration for the colouring. The sentiment 'God Jul' is Merry Christmas in Norwegian. The lace is a recent bargain from my local Emmaus. Two part large reels of differing widths of lace for a couple of pounds. I have used some 'Glamour Dust' along the line of the ribbon and Lace. If you look very carefully you maybe just be able to see. I was unsure if to add some victorian photo corners or somthing else within the card, especially where there is a huge space within the digital image. For the moment I have decided to refrain from adding more embellishments.

List of Supplies

8x8 base card - Craftwork Cards
Santa Claus 'Julenisse' Digital Image
Silver Mirror Card
Basic Bazzill Card
Lace
Grosgrain Ribbon
Sainsbury's Monogram RS
Promarkers
CardCandy
Glamour Dust


1 comment:

  1. Just catching up with everyone's projects after being away for the week in Scotland. This is fab Carol - a real stunner - your friend will love it. A very different Santa and with a lovely story behind him too. Thank you for joining us again at Bah! Humbug!
    Ann xxx
    Bah! Humbug! DT

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to comment